Sunday, February 22, 2009

Winter in Chicago

As many of you know, I'm a recovering climbing and nature addict now living in Chicago. This set of shots comes from me enjoying the wild, cold, and dangerous winter that exists here in the city. Many of the shots below were taken on the very coldest of days. This was my way of escaping the city and being back in nature; when it is -20F, there is no city, only cold and the need to stay warm. This has brought me a lot of joy and piece of mind while being outside the country and wilderness that I am so familiar with. I hope this will help you to enjoy the photos, since most of you viewing this are my friends and know me well. With that said, I really enjoy being here in the wilderness that is Chi.

















This is the old Zion Church next to where Tina and I live. It was built in 1866 and is now a permanent art installation.






No comments: